Java for Banner Relationship Management Campaign Modeler
The Campaign Modeler is used in BRM for creating your campaigns. It is a Java Web Start application that runs on your desktop.
Unfortunately, the Java keystore that is delivered with the Java software installed on your desktop does not support the SSL certificate we use by default. You need to manually add it to your keystore. This document will describe how to do that.
Identify the Java installation
If you have both 32-bit and 64-bit Java versions installed on your computer, be sure that you are updating the keystore on the version that matches the browser you use. If in doubt, apply the following procedure to both Java versions.
Identify the keystore
You may have several versions of Java installed on your computer, and you need to find the one that will be used by the modeler. To do that:
- Open your Control Panel (Windows users) or System Settings (Mac users).
- Find the Java Control Panel item, and open it.
- Click the Java tab.
- Click the View button.
- Click the System tab.
- Expand the Path column so that you can see the full file path name of the javaw.exe program (for Windows users) or the java program (for Mac or Linux users). The part of the path name before the word "bin" is your JAVA_HOME directory. Your keystore is in the "lib\security" directory under the JAVA_HOME.
Download the certificate
Download the GlobalSign OrganizationSSL SHA-256 R1 Intermediate Certificate as follows:
- Open a web browser
In the box titled "SHA-256 Orders (Default)", click the "View in Base64" button.
Copy the full text of the certificate, from the "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" line to the "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" line. You MUST include both the BEGIN and END lines in their entirety!
- Paste this text into a plain text editor, such as Notepad. DO NOT use Word or any other word processor program for this!
- Save the file on your computer, for example, as "c:\temp\gsim.crt" (Windows) or "/tmp/gsim.crt" (Mac, Linux).
- In your command prompt window, backup your cacerts file, as follows: "copy cacerts cacerts.original" (Windows) or "cp -p cacerts cacerts.original" (Mac, Linux)
Install the certificate into your keystore
- Open a command prompt window.
- Change directories to the lib\security directory under the JAVA_HOME. Your JAVA_HOME may be different from the following example, so use the JAVA_HOME directory that you identified above. Type the following command: "cd "\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\security" (for Windows users) or "cd /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/security" (for Mac users).
- In your command prompt window, type the following command: "..\..\bin\keytool -import -alias gsim -keystore .\cacerts -storepass changeit -file c:\temp\gsim.crt". If you saved the certificate file to some other location, replace "c:\temp\gsim.crt" with that file (if there are spaces in the name, double-quote the name). Mac users: replace the backward slashes with forward slashes.
- If you receive the message "Certificate was added to keystore", you will then be able to open the Campaign Modeler.
If you need further assistance, please send email to email@example.com .