Cisco UCM/UCCX Notes
AllPhones: Default partition for most dialable patterns CallPark: Partition for CallPark patterns E911: Partition for all 911 and emergency numbers Gateways: Partition for all Internal: Partition for all dialable patterns defined as internal to the University International: Partition for all dialable patterns defined as international LD: Partition for all dialable patterns defined as long distance Local: Partition for all dialable patterns defined as local off campus MWI_pt: Partition for MWI patterns UccxCti: Partition for all CTI route points and ports UccxPhones: Partition for all Agent DNs in UCCX Voicemail: Partition for all Voicemail ports
Calling Search Space
Gateways Internal International LD Local UccxCitCSS UccxPhonesCSS Voicemail
- To perform a phone migration on a single phone, navigate to the phone in question, and in the "Related Links" choose "Migrate Phone".
- Select the model of phone that you are migrating to in the "Phone Template" dropdown.
- Input the mac address of the new phone as well as the description and click "Save".
- At this point if the existing phone is still plugged in, it will restart and no longer be associated with the DN/configuration.
- Swap out phone for new model and confirm that DN/Configuration are correct.
Upgrading Firmware on Phones
Loading new firmware for a particular phone will replace the default load under ( Device --> Device Settings --> Device Defaults). So if you don't want to upgrade all phones of type X, make sure to first copy the old firmware so you can put it back after uploading new firmware.
- Upgrading a 6941 to new firmware will cause the PC-port to go down for about 1.5 minutes while the phone reboots for the second time. A simple reset of a 6941 will not cause the PC-Port to go down.
Cisco Voice Licensing
- Licensing UCCX 8: Make sure to use the mac address listed in the "show status" command via the UCCX cli for licensing purposes. Note, this may be the case for all UC applications in the 8.x release, though it has not been verified for anything but UCCX at this point.
- NOTE: If any of the following information is changed after initial installation a new license file will need to be generated as the License mac is computed from these values: 1st NTP server, DNS servers, NIC Speed, Hostname, IP Address, Gateway, SMTP server or “none”, and the Certificate information
Cisco CER Notes
- Server DNS/IPs
- cer01.sys.oakland.edu: 22.214.171.124 (CER Application Management)
- cer02.sys.oakland.edu: 126.96.36.199 (CER Application Management)
- cer01.net.oakland.edu: 172.18.0.60 (CIMC i.e. ILO)
- cer02.net.oakland.edu: 172.18.0.61 (CIMC i.e. ILO)
- cer.oakland.edu: 188.8.131.52 (VIP on F5 to allow access to CER for OUPD)
- Servers are configured in active/standby configuration
- Cisco IP phones are automatically found via CDP, process to find them runs every 30min
- Non Cisco phones can be found via CAM entries, however this CAM detection is not enabled on all switches, only those closets which house these phones. As of 2012 just HHB-1A and HHB-1B switches are enabled for CAM detection.
- Analog phones/faxes need to be manually added to CER as there is no way to gather CDP or CAM information.
- To add an Analog phone, login to Cisco ER Administration
Navigate to ERL Membership --> Manually Configured Phones
- Click on Add New Manual Phone button
- Fill out the fax extension (line), Phone Type (FAX), Location and ERL (Building Abbreviation) and click Insert
- To verify, go back to Manually Configured Phones and press Find (optionally enter specific filter) and confirm the addition.
- Note that if there is a request to move an Analog line, the record for the device will need to be manually updated to reflect new location.
Phone move notifications
CER is configured to send ALL notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is an escalation rule in Footprints that assigns these tickets and changes the contact, ticket category and assignees.