This document describes how to access OakShare via WebDAV.
Access from IOS device
Download and install App
Download and install a webDev client from the App store such as webdav-navigator.
Setup the Connection
Launch the application and add a new server connection, use the provided settings
[Your NetID password]
Connect to the server
Connect to the server and browse your files, you can now upload and download to your oakshare files.
Access OakShare via WebDAV for Windows 7
Click the “Start [button]” and select “Computer”.
- Click "Map Network Drive"
- Select a drive letter that you wish to use
- Click "Connect to a Website that you can use to store your documents and pictures"
- Click "Next" when the Network Wizard launches
- Select "Choose a Custom Network Location
- Click "Next"
Type https://files.oakland.edu/users/[Your NetID]/ using your unique NetID
- Click "Next"
- Enter your NetID and password
- Select a name you wish to use for this location
- Click "Finish" to complete the process
- The mapped network location should now appear in the Computer window
Access OakShare via WebDAV for Mac OSX Lion
- Click on the Finder and click "Go".
Select "Connect to Server" and enter "https://files.oakland.edu/users/[NetID]" using your NetID
- Enter your NetID and password and click "Connect"
- The WebDAV connection should be able to be seen in the Shared Area of the Finder window
For further help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org , visit us at 202 Kresge Library or call (248)370-4357 Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.