Access OakShare via WebDAV
Topic: Access OakShare via WebDAV
Audience: Students, Faculty and Staff
Creation Date: August 1, 2008
Author: Zachary Wincek
This document describes how to access OakShare via WebDAV. WebDAV is a protocol that allows one easily to upload and to download files. Web technologies provide WebDAV access for more interactive Web services.
Access OakShare via WebDAV for Windows 7
Click the “Start [button]” and select “Computer”.
- Click "Map Network Drive"
- Select a drive letter that you wish to use
- Click "Connect to a Website that you can use to store your documents and pictures"
- Click "Next" when the Network Wizard launches
- Select "Choose a Custom Network Location
- Click "Next"
Type https://files.oakland.edu/users/[Your NetID]/ using your unique NetID
- Click "Next"
- Enter your NetID and password
- Select a name you wish to use for this location
- Click "Finish" to complete the process
- The mapped network location should now appear in the Computer window
Access OakShare via WebDAV for Mac OSX Lion
- Click on the Finder and click "Go".
Select "Connect to Server" and enter "https://files.oakland.edu/users/[NetID]" using your NetID
- Enter your NetID and password and click "Connect"
- The WebDAV connection should be able to be seen in the Shared Area of the Finder window
For further help, please email email@example.com, visit us at 202 Kresge Library or call (248)370-4357 Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.