Remote Connection for Mac
- Begin by selecting the Apple Store icon shown below.
- The Apple Store will now be displayed on your screen. In the right hand corner of the store's application, please copy and paste the following in the search bar.
- "Microsoft Remote Desktop"
- In the next screen, select the Microsoft Remote Desktop icon shown below.
- Note: You will need to be signed into the apple store inorder to download applications on your device.
Creating a Apple ID can be created here by selecting the following link: https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create .
- Select "Install App".
- Once signed into your Apple account, select "Get".
- Once the installation has finished, select "Open".
- Your Microsoft Remote Desktop will now be open. Select "New" to create your connection to your work computer.
- A new credential screen will now appear.
- Provide a Connection name and PC name.
- Your admnet username and password will be used under credentials.
- Once completed, you may now exit the credential screen and select your new completed remote connection!
- Figure 4: Mac OS X Example
Select the following link to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-mac for more instructions on how to download and connect to a work computer using Mac.
How to connect to and from a Windows and MAC computer remotely is on the https://kb.oakland.edu/uts/VPN_Pulse_Security_Faculty_and_Staff page.