Argos Create an ADO Connection
Create an ADO Connection
Note: All SQLs are located in the UTSDOCS\Argos folder.
1. The Department / Group should submit a request to get a connection and folder.
- The request should generate a Footprints ticket.
- The request should state either model ID(s) or Role(s).
- The supervisor should be cc'd on the ticket and provide approval.
2. Get the access information and update the ticket (Comment, CC Data Stewards)
a. At the top add the Generic Comment -
- The following Roles have been requested for the Argos Reporting ID (ARGOS_XXXXXX).
- This Banner Oracle ID will be used within Argos Reporting by the XXXXXXXXXX area.
- Data Steward approval is needed by "each area" listed below.
- Please reply to this request with either "Approve" or "Deny".
b. Next add the Details:
- Use the get_esign_form_datasteward_roles.sql to pull the list of Roles and Data Stewards.
- Paste this into the Ticket and CC all the approprite Data Stewards.
- Change the font to a FIXED font (ie Courier New) with a smaller size (8pt)
- Copy the Header and Paste it before the other Data Steward groups
- Argos Connection ID User Model Banner Form Banner Role Data Stewards
3. Once ALL Data Stewards approve
a. Oracle Changes (TEST and PROD Banner Database)
Note: You will need to make sure all input variables are correct and any hard-coded values changed.
- create the ID (ARGOS_XXXXXX ) (use banner_argos_create_ado_connection.sql )
- to see which IDs already exist (use banner_argos_list_oracle_ids.sql )
- generate the GRANT statements and execute (use banner_argos_grant_roles_from_user_model.sql )
- execute GRANTS on Banner Functions (use grants_functions.sql )
- add the ID/Password to siboleth file on Banjobs Test and Prod
b. MAPS Changes (Test and Prod)
- Open a browser session and go to Evisions eLauncer. Enter LDAP ID/Password. Click on MAPS config button.
- Create any new Groups
- Click on Groups - left menu
- To Argos Groups are named like OU_Admissions
- Click on an existing Group then click Copy (top menu)
- In the pop-window, change the following:
- General / Name and Description
- Source / MAPS
- Users / (from Ticket if requested)
- Roles / (from Ticket)
- Add the ADO Connection
- Click on ADO Connections at top left
- The ADO Connections are listed under BANNER_ARGOS
- To add a new connection, either an existing ADO Connection or the ARGOS_ZCOPY_FROM as a template
- Click the ADO Connection and then right-click Copy/Paste
- Click on the new ADO Connection and then click Edit Connection (on top menu)
- Change the following:
- General / Connection Name
General / ADO Connection String (button on right) - change the UserName and Password - make sure Allow saving password is checked. Click Test Connection.
- User/Group Rules / Add the appropriate Group(s) + Argos_Admin (check for sub-folder/groups) (Note: Group must be created previously) (ie. OU_ADMISS)
- General / clear Notes
c. Argos Changes (Test and Prod)
- Open a browser session and go to Evisions eLaunhcer. Enter LDAP ID/Password. Click on argos button.
- create any new Folders
- add security to Folder allow Group
- add the Groups to the ADO Connection
Note: As we learn more about the Evisions Argos product, these standards and best practices will grow and be revised to suit our environment more closely.