Last updated: March 18th, 2020
How To Install or Upgrade the Oracle Client Software
To install or upgrade the Oracle client software:
- If you do not have administrative rights on your computer, you must contact the OU Helpdesk to complete this procedure.
- Ensure that you are logged into ADMNET.
For Most Users:
Map your M drive to the network share appropriate for your operating system. If you are using 32-bit Windows 10, map your M drive to \\admnet.oakland.edu\Shares\common\oraclient_user12c32; if you are using 64-bit Windows 10, map your M drive to \\admnet.oakland.edu\Shares\common\oraclient_user12c64.
For Duplicate PIDM (DupPIDM) Users:
Map your M drive to the network share appropriate for your operating system. If you are using 64-bit Windows 10, map your M drive to \\admnet.oakland.edu\Shares\common\oraclient_user12c64_update. No 32-bit version is available for these users currently.
- In the setup folder of your M drive, run user12c32_install_oraclient.bat (for 32-bit client) or user12c64_install_oraclient.bat (for 64-bit client).
- A command prompt window will open on your desktop; respond to any messages that you see. Any pre-existing Oracle client software you have will be removed, and the new version will be installed.
- If you are asked to reboot your computer, do so.