How to Change the PC settings for Viewing Banner Forms
Topic: SCT Banner
Audience: Students, Faculty and Staff
Creation Date: October 12, 2005
Last Revision Date: July 29, 2011
Author: Anthony Becker
This document will detail PC settings to avoid excessive scrolling of BANNER forms.
Note the current settings for your display:
- Select START
- Control Panel
- Double-click DISPLAY or APPEARANCE and THEMES
- Click the SETTINGS tab or CHANGE THE SCREENS RESOLUTION
- Note the screen resolution on your PC (ie. 1280 by 1024 pixels)
- Select the ADVANCED button
- Note the DPI setting (ie. 96 DPI)
- If you change the DPI, you will need to reboot to see the affect
- A DPI of 120 will make items on the screen larger and may cause scrolling
- Changing the screen resolution will affect the size of all images on your screen. A setting of 800 x 600 will cause scrolling, and incorrect menu selection of Banner forms.
- There are combinations that allow you to use BANNER without scrolling. See below:
- Set the DPI to 96, and set the screen resolution to 1024 by 768 or higher
- Set the DPI to 120, and to set the screen resolution to 1280 by 1024 or higher
- Other combinations, with custom settings of DPI between 96 and 120, and corresponding changes to the screen resolution may also produce acceptable results.
For further help, please email <<MailTo(email@example.com)>>, visit us at 202 Kresge Library or call (248)370-4357 Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.