SPSS Campus License User Information for Students and Faculty:
The campus has invested in an Academic Authorized User licenses for SPSS and AMOS for Windows (64bit) and Mac Operating Systems.
Licensee's use of the Program is restricted to classroom teaching and non-commercial academic research ("Campus Use"). Non-commercial academic research means research by degree seeking students and faculty members where (i) the results of such research are not intended primarily for the benefit of a third party; (ii) such results are made available to anyone without restriction on use, copying or further distribution; and (iii) any copy of any such result is furnished for no more than the cost of reproduction and shipping.
Any other use including but not limited to university administration and operations is strictly prohibited and a separate license purchase is required.
Licenses can be installed by students and faculty on Oakland owned devices and also on personally owned devices, per the Home Use entitlement option.
This license entitles you to downgrade rights. Oakland University will maintain license keys for at least 2 previous versions of the current version.
IBM SPSS AMOS is available for Windows Operating Systems only. AMOS is powerful structural equation modeling software that enables you to support your research and theories by extending standard multivariate analysis methods, including regression, factor analysis, correlation, and analysis of variance. With SPSS AMOS, you can build attitudinal and behavioral models that reflect complex relationships more accurately than with standard multivariate statistics techniques using either an intuitive graphical, or programmatic user interface.
To install SPSS successfully, review these instructions first:
- The computer must be connected to a wired port, preferably from campus.
- Install the Apporto Agent as directed
- Apporto supports the following operating systems: Windows Vista and higher (64 bit only) or Mac OSX 10.8 and higher.
- Supported browsers are Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox on the Windows platform; also supported are Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on the Mac OSX platform.
- Once the installation is complete, the application does not automatically open. You must located it, usually under All Programs. It is clearly labeled as SPSS or AMOS.
These are term licenses. Users will be required to uninstall and re-install licenses each year upon expiration.
SPSS license features include:
Data Validity and Missing Values
Categorical and Numeric Data
Structural Equation Modeling
Advanced Sampling Assessment and Testing
Direct Marketing and Product Decision Making Procedures
High-End Charts and Graphs
Where to find the SPSS license:
Scroll Down to : Academic Resources
Select: OU App Store