Voice over Internet Phone (VoIP) and Netreg
Topic: Voice over Internet Phone (VoIP) and Netreg
Creation Date: February 18, 2013
Author: Andrew Kee
Steps to re-register your computer if you have a VoIP phone
- First, register your computer at netreg.oakland.edu
- Second, you will need to check if your computer is connected to the network through your phone. If you only have a single network cord plugged into your phone, you’re all set. If there are two, your computer is connected through it.
- If you have your computer or laptop connected through your VoIP phone, then you will need to unplug both the cords you see on the back of your phone.
- This will allow the phone to reboot and your computer to finish registering.
You will be able to see the two cables going to Network and the other to Computer.
- These are the two cables you will need to unplug and re-connect in order to finish registering.