Zoom License and Compliance
Zoom is a named user license. We have configured authentication through Single Sign On which will use your NetID credential. If you have already created a free account using your NetID credential, please select the option to Consolidate your license. Do NOT choose Update Email Address or Create a New Email Address.
- A Host may hold an unlimited number of Meetings, but only one Meeting at a time. A Host subscription may not be shared or used by anyone other than the individual assigned to be a Host.
- Zoom EDU licenses are intended for student and faculty and pedagogical interaction within a classroom environment, or the administration thereof and may not be used for any commercial purpose.
- Zoom EDU is maxed at 300 participants per hosted session.
There are additional expanded licenses available for an annual fee. Departments need to submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the fund number to support the purchase. The expanded license is also a named user license per the contract. No Shared Accounts can be used. eLIS will be able to modify the user account once the purchase is completed. The fees for 500 participant add on is $600 per license per year, and 1000 participant add on is $1080 per license per year.
- Zoom is a cloud based application. There is no guarantee for performance. Use of the Services involves hardware, software, and Internet access. Your ability to access and use the Services may be affected by the performance of these factors. High speed Internet access is recommended. If Zoom experiences an outage, eLIS will work directly with Zoom to communicate progress of Zoom’s restoration efforts.
- The ZOOM contract is limited to 12GB of storage. Consumption fees will apply. We encourage the campus to ensure that a recording is needed, and to delete recordings when no longer needed. We encourage users who want to retain their recordings to move them to Panopto and delete from Zoom.
- Recordings. You are responsible for compliance with all recording laws. The host can choose to record Zoom meetings. By using the Services, you are giving Zoom consent to store recordings for any or all Zoom meetings that you join, if such recordings are stored in Zoom’s systems. You will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled. If you do not consent to being recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting.
- Under no circumstances will Zoom be liable in any way for any data or other content viewed while using the Services, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any such data or content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any data or content.
- Zoom is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 16, unless it is through a School Subscriberusing Zoom for Education (K-12). Individuals under the age of 16 may not create accounts or use the Services except as described herein. We do not have a K-12 License- that is a different license type.
- NO HIGH RISK USE. The Services are not designed or licensed for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe controls, including without limitation operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation/communication systems, air traffic control, and life support or weapons systems. The Services shall not be used for or in any HIGH RISK environment.
- Users are not citizens of, or located within, a country or territory that is subject to U.S. trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including without limitation Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea) and that you and your End Users will not access or use the Services, or export, re-export, divert, or transfer the Services, in or to such countries or territories; (ii) You and your End Users are not identified on any U.S. government restricted party lists (including without limitation the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons and Foreign Sanctions Evaders List, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Parties List, Entity List, and Unverified List, and the U.S. Department of State proliferation-related lists); and (iii) that no Content created or submitted by You or your End Users is subject to any restriction on disclosure, transfer, download, export or re-export under the Export Control Laws. You are solely responsible for complying with the Export Control Laws and monitoring them for any modifications
Compare Video Conferencing Options
This table highlights the main functionality differences between OU’s available video conferencing tools.